- You can sign out of Netflix on Roku in a few quick steps if you’re using a newer device.
- Older Roku devices require a slightly different process, but it’s still easy to do.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
There may be times when you need to sign out of Netflix on your Roku device. You can do so in a few quick steps, though older Roku models, like the Roku 1 and 2, have a slightly different process than newer ones.
Here’s how to do it on any Roku model.
How to sign out of Netflix on a Roku 4, 3, Streaming Stick, Express, and Roku TV
1. Open the Netflix channel on your Roku. Choose a watch profile if prompted.
2. Go to the settings menu on the left side menu.
3. Select Sign Out.
4. Confirm your selection by choosing Yes when prompted.
If you’re having trouble finding the right menus, you can use a remote button sequence to open a quick menu. Use the following sequence from inside the Netflix channel on your Roku:
- Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
Then choose Sign Out from the options available.
How to sign out of Netflix on a Roku 2
Signing out on a Roku 2 requires you to remove the channel completely.
1. On your Roku home screen, go to the Netflix channel.
2. Press the star button on your remote to open channel options.
3. Select Remove channel. Confirm your selection by selecting Remove channel again.
Alternatively, you can remove the Netflix channel using the Roku mobile app.
How to sign out of Netflix on a Roku 1
Signing out on a Roku 1 requires deactivating the device in your Netflix account.
1. Go to the Roku settings menu.
2. Select “Netflix settings” from the options available.
3. Choose “Deactivate this device from my Netflix account” from the menu.
4. Confirm your selection when prompted.
You can sign out of Netflix on one Roku device without affecting other Roku devices you own. Signing out of Netflix on one Roku device will not sign your account out of other Roku devices.
Deactivating your Roku means the device no longer has permission to connect to your Netflix account. You must reauthorize it in order to use Netflix on that device.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.