- You can log out of Gmail on your iPhone in just a few steps.
- It’s a good idea to log out of your Gmail account if you’re giving your iPhone away, in order to keep the data stored in your Google account secure.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
The standard Google account is tied to all sorts of data, much of which is potentially sensitive in nature.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Open the Gmail app or the app for a similar Google product, like Google Docs or Drive.
2. Tap on your icon (your picture) at the top right corner of the screen (or in Docs, tap the three lines at the top left, then tap your image).
3. Tap “Manage accounts on this device.”
4. Tap “Remove from this device.”
Removing your account from a Google app like Google Drive will also remove your account from Gmail.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.