- A major Twitter hack affected dozens of well known accounts, including Amazon CEO Joe Biden and former president Barack Obama.
- Signing out of active sessions on all social media platforms is a good habit to keep your account safe.
- Signing out of Facebook on your desktop or mobile device is simple once you know where to look.
- You can also sign out of Facebook on all devices you’re logged into at one time through your account’s settings.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Hackers gained control of dozens of high-profile Twitter accounts on Wednesday as part of a cryptocurrency scam. Verified accounts from Joe Biden, Elon Musk, Kanye West, and others published tweets asking people to send Bitcoin. It’s still unclear who was behind the attack or how it happened, and hackers may have made $US120,000.
To be safe, it’s a good idea to log out of active sessions for social media accounts on multiple devices. Here’s how to do it on Twitter.
Below, you’ll find step-by-step guides for how to sign out of Facebook on a computer or iPhone. We’ve also included steps for how to sign out of Facebook on every device you’re logged into, which can come in handy if you recently changed your password.
How to sign out of Facebook on a desktop browser
1. Go to www.facebook.com.
2. On the top right-hand corner, click on the upside down triangle.
3. A drop down menu will appear. At the very bottom of that menu, you’ll see “Log Out.”
4. Click on “Log Out,” and you’re all set!
How to sign out of Facebook on an iPhone
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
2. Click on the three lines in the bottom right-hand corner. If you have an Android phone, these will be in the upper right.
3. You’ll see a screen with your name at the top and various sections below it.
4. Scroll all the way to the bottom, where you see “Log Out.”
5. Tap the “Log Out” icon. You’ll be prompted with a notice asking if you’re sure you’d like to log out. Click “Log Out,” and you’re good to go!
How to sign out of Facebook on every device you’re logged into
1. Go to Facebook on your browser, and click on the upside down triangle in the top right-hand corner.
2. Click on the tab that says “Settings.”
3. You’ll be taken to a new page. On the left-hand side of the screen, click on the section that says “Security and Login.”
4. Under the section “Where You’re Logged In,” you’ll see all of the devices you’re logged into. (You might need to click “See More.”)
5. Click on “Log Out Of All Sessions” in the bottom right-hand corner.
6. You’ll be prompted with a warning about logging out. Click “Log Out” and you’re set.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.