- It’s possible to get a Spotify Premium account right on your iPhone, or through a desktop web browser.
- Spotify Premium carries a monthly subscription fee, and allows you to listen to music ad-free on all platforms and devices.
- The Spotify library has over 50 million songs to stream, and a subscription to Spotify Premium allows you to download any song to your device so you can listen offline.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Gone are the days of carrying around bulky iPods that could only hold a limited amount of music. These days, streaming services like Spotify have made it easier than ever to have access to literally any and every song you can think of, wherever you are.
With a library of over 50 million songs, there’s something for everyone on Spotify, whether you love showtunes, rap, country, or classical â€” or any other genre, for that matter.
While Spotify is free to use, those with free accounts have to listen to and view ads within the app, both on desktop and on mobile devices. If you’d like to listen ad-free, you can sign up for Spotify Premium for a small monthly subscription fee.
Spotify Premium costs $US9.99 per month normally, but if you’re a university student in the US, you can apply for Spotify Premium Student, which only costs $US4.99 a month. All you’ll need to provide is your name and student email, and occasionally proof that you’re a student (a college ID, for example).
Spotify Premium Student also comes with a Hulu and SHOWTIME subscription at no extra cost.
Here’s how to sign up for Spotify Premium on your iPhone and computer, so you can listen uninterrupted.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to get Spotify Premium on your iPhone
1. On your iPhone’s home screen, locate and tap on your preferred web browser app icon to launch it.
2. Navigate to https://www.spotify.com in your phone’s web browser, tap the three stacked bars in the top-right of the screen, tap “Log In,” and enter your Spotify username and password to log into the site.
3. Once logged in, tap the Account Overview menu bar at the top of your screen and, from the drop-down menu which appears, tap on “Subscription.”
4. On the next screen, you’ll be offered a free Spotify Premium trial. This will allow you to try the Premium version free for a period of 30 days, after which you will be charged the $US9.99 monthly subscription fee, or $US4.99 if you apply for a Student account. Tap “Try Premium Free.”
5. On the payment screen, either enter your credit card details or choose PayPal if you wish to pay via that method. Then, click Start 30-Day Trial Now to begin your Spotify Premium subscription.
To begin taking advantage of your Spotify Premium subscription, simply download the Spotify app from the App Store and log in using your regular credentials. Once logged in, you’ll be able to listen ad-free. It’s that simple!
How to get Spotify Premium on desktop
1. Go to https://www.spotify.com and log in using your user name and password.
2. On the home screen, look for the Upgrade option in the menu bar running along the top of your screen and click it.
3. Spotify offers a free 30-day trial of their Premium service, after which you will be charged $US9.99 per month, or $US4.99 if you apply for a Student account. To activate Spotify Premium, click the “Start Free Trial” button.
4. On the next screen, enter your credit card information. You can also pay via PayPal if you prefer.
5. When you’ve finished entering your payment information, click “Start 30-Day Trial Now” at the bottom of your screen, and your Spotify Premium subscription will begin. Again, you will not be charged your first $US9.99 monthly fee until after your 30-day trial is complete.
On desktop, you can listen to Spotify through its website, or by downloading the Spotify program here.