- You can only get rid of the header in Google Docs when you’re using a web browser. You can’t remove a header in the mobile app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- To delete a header from Google Docs in a web browser, click the header to reveal the header banner, then delete it from the Options menu.
- If you delete the header text in the mobile app, a blank header remains, which will affect the formatting of your document.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A header is an optional section at the top of a document that can display information like a title, page number, or other details that you want to repeat on every page.
If you add a header but later decide you don’t want it in your document, it’s easy to remove – but only in a browser on the desktop. You can’t remove a header from a document in the mobile app for iPhones or Android phones.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to get rid of the header in Google Docs on desktop
1. In your document, click on some text in the header. You should see the header banner appear between the header and the main part of the document.
2. Click “Options” in the header banner.
3. Click “Remove header.”
That’s all there is to it – the header will now be gone.
How to get rid of header text in the Google Docs app on mobile
Unfortunately, you can’t remove a header in the mobile app. You can delete the text, but the header section itself remains, which will affect the formatting of the text on the page.
If that’s all you need, though, here’s how to delete the header text:
1. In the Google Docs app, tap the three horizontal dots at the top right of the screen and then turn on “Print layout” by swiping the button to the right.
2. With Print layout turned on, you can see the text in the header. Tap in the header and delete the text.
- embed type
- embed type