- You can get a refund on Postmates delivery issues through the Postmates mobile app or website.
- When you cancel an order on Postmates, the amount of money you get back depends on how quickly you cancel.
- If you cancel before Postmates places the order with the merchant, you can cancel through the app at no charge.
- If there’s an item in your order that is incorrect or missing, you can contact Postmates’ customer service to issue an order issue adjustment.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Since its launch in 2011, Postmates has delivered countless items across the country, from groceries and restaurant meals to everyday personal goods.
With so many couriers delivering so much stuff, it stands to reason that sometimes things go wrong and a refund is needed. Assuming the issue is on your end – maybe you changed your mind or you won’t be home to accept the delivery – getting a full refund from Postmates is all about timing.
If you’ve scheduled an order for later in the day, you can cancel it with no charges incurred. If you’ve made an order for immediate delivery, you can cancel it without penalty if you do so fast enough – that is, if the restaurant has not begun preparing your order and the courier is not already on their way to the restaurant. If the restaurant or courier has already taken steps to prepare and deliver your order, you will still be charged for the food in addition to a cancellation fee and potentially the delivery fee.
If you need a partial or full refund on a cancelled or incorrect Postmates order, here’s how to get one.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to cancel a Postmates order and get a full or partial refund
1. On the order status page on your mobile app, tap “HELP.”
2. Tap “Cancel Order” on the menu that pops up.
3. Select your reason for cancelling, hit “Continue.”
4. Confirm with “CANCEL DELIVERY,” noting how much you will still be charged. If you’ve cancelled your order before preparations have begun, you should be fully refunded.
How to get a refund on Postmates on an iPhone for incorrect or missing items
If you received an order that was incorrect or had problems, such as a sandwich that had fallen to pieces, you can request a refund from the Postmates help centre.
1. Open up your Postmates app on your iPhone.
2. Go to your order history page, which will be designated by a clock icon.
3. Select which order you’d like to be refunded for.
4. Select “Items damaged, missing, or incorrect.”
5. The next screen will ask you to select which issue you had, out of 3 options. You can also type in your issue by tapping “Something Else.”
How to get a refund on Postmates on an Android for incorrect or missing items
1. Open up your Postmates app on your Android.
2. Navigate to “Settings” and tap “Deliveries.”
3. Tap “Contact Support.”
4. Select which order you’d like to be refunded for.
5. Select “Items damaged, missing, or incorrect.”
6. The next screen will ask you to select which issue you had, out of 3 options. You can also type in your issue by tapping “Something Else.”
How to get a refund on Postmates on a computer for incorrect or missing items
1.Sign into your Postmates account on a web browser.
2. Click on your avatar icon in the top right of the screen.
3. Click “Deliveries” and select which order you’d like to be refunded for.
4. Select “Contact Support” and a customer service representative will be in touch with you shortly.
Note that any problems must be reported to Postmates within 48 hours for refund eligibility.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.