The Paycheck Protection Program is back.
For millions of small business owners still struggling to pay rent and employ workers, the federal government’s forgivable loan program is a lifeline. This round looks a little different than the original that launched in the spring. It’s aimed at even smaller businesses, and provides special funding for the service sector, nonprofits, and under-represented entrepreneurs.
On Tuesday, January 5, Insider hosted a webinar detailing what the $US325 billion in funding means for business owners and answered questions live from more than 200 attendees.
Insider’s entrepreneurship editor Bartie Scott and small business reporter Jennifer Ortakales Dawkins discussed:
- What’s different between this round of PPP and the first one in the spring
- Special provisions for service industry companies and under-represented entrepreneurs
- How to know if you’re eligible
- What materials you’ll need to apply
- What we know about the timeline so far
- The how and why of loan forgiveness
Watch the full webinar above. For more details on the Paycheck Protection Program and other funding options, check out additiona coverage below.
- PPP is back â€” and yes, you should apply for a 2nd loan
- 5 changes to PPP loans that will affect your business’ eligibility
- How live music venues, theatres, and talent managers can get up to $US10 million of $US15 billion covid relief grants â€” with no requirement to pay it back
- How restaurant owners can cash in on PPP loans and get up to 3.5 times their monthly payroll
- Here are your options if you don’t get federal small business relief
- Stimulus loan vs. tax relief: which is better for your small business
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.