- While everyone is stuck at home because of the pandemic, video games have become a dependable respite.
- But more people than ever are out of work, and video games are expensive.
- Sony is giving away two excellent games – “Journey” and “Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection” – to all PlayStation 4 owners.
- Here’s how to get them!
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
For the 100 million-plus PlayStation 4 owners likely stuck at home during the coronavirus pandemic, Sony is offering a free gift: two excellent games.
Both “Journey” and “Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection” are being offered for free to PlayStation 4 owners from April 15 to May 5. You don’t have to pay for anything, and the games are “yours to keep” after the games are redeemed through the PlayStation Store.
Here’s how to get both:
First and foremost: the terms of the freebie
Sony’s two-game giveaway is approximately three weeks long, starting on April 15 at 8 p.m. PT and going through to May 5 at 8 p.m. PT. If you live anywhere in the world and have a PlayStation 4, you get two free games.
In the vast majority of places, you’ll get “Journey” and “Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection.” If you’re in Germany or China, the latter game is swapped for “Knack 2.” Sorry, everyone in Germany and China.
You don’t have to be a PlayStation Plus subscriber to get the games – you just need a PlayStation 4 with an internet connection.
1. Turn on your console and navigate to the PlayStation Store. It’s the icon farthest left on the dashboard.
2. Look for the large promotional image for the “Play At Home” promotion — it looks like this:
3. If there isn’t a promotional image for the giveaway, click the search bar at the top.
3. Search for “Journey,” select it, and add the game to your library.
Note: You don’t have to download the game immediately. You can add the game to your library, which means you own it but haven’t downloaded the game to your console. Then when you want to play it, you can download the game in your console’s library at the far right side of the main dashboard.