- To get Apple Arcade on your iPad, you’ll need to sign up for it through the App Store.
- When you sign up for Apple Arcade on your iPad, you’ll get one month for free, and then pay $US4.99 per month after that.
- Your iPad will need to be running iPadOS 13 or newer to get Apple Arcade.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
It was introduced in the fall of 2019 as part of iPadOS 13, and can be found in the App Store.
Here’s how to get Apple Arcade on your iPad, and start playing.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to get Apple Arcade on an iPad
Before anything: in order to subscribe to Apple Arcade, you need to be running iPadOS 13 or newer. If you need to check, start the Settings app, tap “General,” and then tap “About.” You should see the software version near the top of the screen.
If you don’t yet have iPadOS 13 or newer installed, follow the instructions in our article, “How to update your iPad in 3 different ways.”
1. Start the App Store app.
2. Tap “Arcade” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap “Start Playing” and follow the instructions to sign up for the free trial. After the trial is over, you’ll be automatically charged $US4.99 per month unless you cancel the service.
Once you’re signed up, you can install any games in the Arcade tab of the App Store at no additional cost, and play them as long as you subscribe. If you cancel your subscription, the games will remain on your iPad, though they will no longer work.
Keep in mind that the games in Apple Arcade aren’t the same as the games found elsewhere in the App Store. Apple Arcade is a relatively small set of curated games (a little over 100 as of December 2019), so subscribing won’t give you unlimited access to the full library of paid games in the App Store.
- embed type