- You can get a Venmo Card by applying on the app. You’ll usually receive it in five to seven business days after you’re approved for it.
- A Venmo Card is a debit card offered by the mobile payment service that uses the balance you have on the app for purchases made within the United States.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
What is a VenmoCard?
The Venmo Card acts as a debit card and operates through Mastercard’s network. As of right now, the Venmo card can only be used in the US.
With a Venmo Card, you will be able to use your Venmo balance at any and all vendors who accept Mastercard. There is no fee to apply for a Venmo card, and the card even has a handful of cash-back options (for example: 5% cash back on purchases made at Target).
Like opening any new banking account, Venmo will ask you to enter your personal information, including the last four digits of your social security number and your address. Once you are approved for a Venmo card and receive it, you will be able to track your purchases using the app and split costs with your Venmo friends.
The Venmo Card also allows you to temporarily disable it if you’ve briefly misplaced it, then re-enable it once its been found.
How to get a Venmo Card using the app
2. At the top left-hand corner, select the menu icon, resembling three horizontal lines.
3. Scroll through the menu and select “Venmo Card.”
4. A display screen will pop up and describe all the features of a Venmo card. Tap the “Get the Venmo Card” button at the bottom.
5. You will then be prompted to choose a colour for your Venmo card. Options include, white, yellow, pink, green, blue, and black. Make your selection then press “Next” in the top right-hand corner.
6. Next, enter your first and last name. Then, tap “Next.”
7. Venmo will then ask you to enter the last four digits of your social security number and your date of birth. Once you’ve done so, be sure to read the terms and conditions, then tap “Next.”
8. The next page will ask for your address to ship your Venmo card. Enter it, then press “Next.”
9. The next page will ask if you want your Venmo card to be automatically reloaded if there is ever a low balance, and from what connected bank account to make the withdrawal. Once you’ve made your choices, and selected an already connected bank account, tap “Next” at the bottom.
10. Review your information, then tap “Submit” at the bottom. Venmo will then verify your identity, and if it is approved, your Venmo card will be “in the works” – it will then show you the address the card is being shipped to and when to expect it, which is typically five to seven business days. You will also receive a confirmation email.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.