- You can get a Cash App debit card – called the Cash Card – to use your Cash App balance at stores that accept Visa.
- It’s free and easy to get a Cash Card by signing up on the Cash App (as long as you’re 18 or older), and you can even customise the colour and draw your own signature.
- Once you confirm all the information necessary to get your Cash Card, you should receive your card within 10 business days.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Cash App, like Venmo, is a peer-to-peer payment app that allows you to pay your friends as well as request money from them. This is incredibly useful for splitting meals, buying concert tickets, chipping in for group presents, and more.
When you receive money on Cash App, your balance remains on the app until you transfer it to your bank account, which can take a couple of days. However, if you want to use your balance to shop in stores, without having to wait for it to transfer, all you need to do is apply for a Cash Card – the app’s debit card.
The card is free, customisable, and super easy to apply for, though you have to be 18 or older to apply for it. Once you get your card, you can use it wherever Visa cards are accepted. It can also let you pick “Boosts” to give you great deals on everyday purchases, like coffee, DoorDash, Lyft, and more.
Here’s how to sign up for your Cash Card.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How get a Cash App card
2. Select the Cash Card tab at the bottom of the screen. It’s the rectangular icon second from the left.
3. Tap the multicoloured button labelled “GET FREE CASH CARD.”
4. Choose your desired colour, then tap “Continue.”
5. Customise your card by choosing whether to show your Cashtag, then signing it. To sign, tap the field that says “Tap to customise.”
6. Write or draw in your signature. You can even add stamps by pressing the little smiley face button under the signature field. When you’re done, tap Next.
7. Enter your mailing address, then tap Next.
8. Confirm your first and last name.
9. Read the details about the Cash Card to your satisfaction. When you’re done, tap Continue.
10. The app will tell you that your card number is ready. You should receive your card within 10 business days, according to Cash App. If you want, you can now add money to your Cash App balance, so you can use it when your card arrives.
- embed type
- embed type