- You can forward messages on Signal, the secure-messaging app, just like you can on iMessage or Facebook Messenger.
- Signal only lets you forward messages on the mobile app – you can’t forward messages through Signal’s desktop website.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
There used to be only a few ways to send messages to your friends, but now, there are hundreds of messaging apps â€” and each has its own minute functional differences.
Signal is one of these apps, but unlike many others, it provides more security with its end-to-end encryption. Signal also lets you perform basic functions that other apps do, like forwarding a message.
On the mobile app, the process of forwarding a message is mostly the same regardless of your operating system. The only difference is that, on Android, you can only forward messages to one chat at a time â€” so if you want to forward the message to multiple people who are not in a group chat, you’ll have to complete the process more than once. On iOS, you can send a message to multiple chats at once.
Unfortunately, there is no forward function on the desktop version of Signal.
How to forward a message on Signal
1. Open the Signal app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Within a chat, press and hold the message you want to forward.
3. A toolbar will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap the arrow icon pointing to the right, the second icon from the right side of the screen.
4. Tap the recipient(s) that you want to forward the message to, then tap the send arrow in the bottom right corner to finish.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.