- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is a new 14-acre land that’s now open in Anaheim, California’s Disneyland theme park.
- Unlike other themed lands in the park, Galaxy’s Edge has three ways to enter the area.
- The three entrances are located in Critter Country, Frontierland, and at the edge of Fantasyland.
- The Frontierland and Fantasyland entrances are the most direct and fastest entrances to enter Galaxy’s Edge.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is finally open in Disneyland. And if you’re planning to visit the Anaheim, California theme park, there are three different ways you can enter the new themed land.
There are separate entrances to Galaxy’s Edge through Critter Country, Frontierland, and at the edge of Fantasyland where it meets with Frontierland.
If you’re not familiar with the park layout and those names don’t mean much to you or if you haven’t been to Disneyland in a while, don’t worry. Here’s how to master entering Galaxy’s Edge like a pro.
How to find the three entrances to Galaxy’s Edge
Galaxy’s Edge is located in the Northwest corner of Disneyland.
When you arrive into the park, there are three ways to enter the area. You can head in through Critter Country, which is the farthest entrance to the west of the park. The other two entrances are closer to the center of Disneyland on the edges of Frontierland and Fantasyland.
Here’s where the three entrances are on the Disneyland map.
You’ll notice on the map that all three entrances are on the other side of Disneyland’s iconic railroad. You’ll have to walk under it no matter which entrance you decide to enter.
If you’re a big “Star Wars” fan, you’re probably going to want to enter through each of the three entrances to get each of the experiences into the new land.
The fastest and most direct ways to enter Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland
Though there are three entrances to Galaxy’s Edge, they’re not all made equally. If you’re trying to enter the new land, the fastest way to beat the crowds are the two entrances closer to the center of the park offer much more direct paths to the themed land than the one based at the edge of Critter Country.
Here are four different pathways you can take to enter Galaxy’s Edge from the entrance of Disneyland.
The Critter Country path appears to be the longest route since you’ll need to make your way around Disneyland’s Rivers of America. The more direct paths are the two entrances closer to the center of the park.
Instead of making your way toward Cinderella’s castle, veer left after Main Street USA and cut through Frontierland to enter Galaxy’s Edge through its center entrance. If you want to snap a photo of Cinderella’s castle on your way to Galaxy’s Edge, you can pass under the castle and go through Fantasyland to the entrance of Galaxy’s Edge on the far right or continue along the path a little more to the land’s center entrance.
If you’re arriving to the park right at the start of the day and are trying to get to the Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run attraction, we recommend entering through one of the two entrances to the far right. They’re both closest to the ride which is located in the far back of the land.
If you’re looking for a more scenic route into Galaxy’s Edge, the one through Critter Country may be the way to go. If people know that the two other paths are easier to get to, the Critter Country entrance may be less crowded, especially during the first year the new area is open to the public.
- Read more:
- 32 photos inside Disneyland’s astonishing new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- 5 things to know before riding Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run in Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Here are the lightsabers, toys, and clothes you’ll be able to buy at Galaxy’s Edge
- The Coca Cola bottles you’ll be able to get exclusively at Galaxy’s Edge
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.