One of the flashiest new features for the iPad 2 is the ability to mirror your display onto a big screen TV. Now you can do the same on your original iPad from last year.Using a simple jailbreak tweak discovered by Nature’s Eye Studios, you can watch videos, play games, and use apps on your first generation iPad.
The tweak requires Apple’s somewhat pricey Digital AV adaptor ($39.99) and a first generation jailbroken iPad running iOS 4.3 or later.
To learn how to jailbreak your iPad running iOS 4.3 or later, click here.
Here’s how to enable mirroring on your iPad:
- Using an SSH tool like Cyberduck, open: system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/
- Download the K48AP.plist file to your Mac and open it in the Xcode app.
- Add the following line and make it look like the image “display-mirroring boolean YES”
- Save the file and upload it to your iPad.
- Restart iPad. The hacker who discovered this tweak says it might take a few minutes to take effect.
See below for a video demo of the feature in action from Nature’s Eye Studios:
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.