- You can enable cookies on your Samsung Galaxy S10 in both the Google Chrome and Samsung Internet browsers, through each app’s Settings menu.
- Cookies are small files on your phone which websites use for a variety of purposes, including tracking your preferences and keeping you logged in to accounts.
- You also have the option to separately enable or disable third-party cookies, which are generally associated with ads on websites.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Cookies are small files that most websites store on your computer or phone. They typically contain information that helps personalise the web page for you – they keep you logged into your accounts, remember your location, save what you’ve put into your shopping cart, and more.
While some online privacy experts suggest disabling cookies, if you do that, the disadvantage is that you’ll make your web browsing experience very inconvenient.
If cookies on your Samsung Galaxy S10 are disabled, here’s how to turn them back on in the Google Chrome mobile app, the Samsung Internet app, and from third-party providers.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to enable cookies on a Samsung Galaxy S10 in Google Chrome
1. Start the Chrome app.
2. Tap the three vertical dots in the top-right of the screen and, in the dropdown menu, tap “Settings.”
3. Tap “Site settings.”
4. Tap “Cookies.”
5. Turn cookies on by swiping the button to the right.
Even if you enable cookies, you can optionally choose to disable third-party cookies by checking the “Block third-party cookies” box.
Third-party cookies are usually associated with ads that are inserted into web pages, and blocking these cookies can enhance your privacy without adversely affecting your site preferences or browsing experience.
How to enable cookies on a Samsung Galaxy S10 in the Samsung Internet browser
1. Start the Internet app.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines in the lower-right corner of the screen, and then tap “Settings” in the pop-up window.
3. Tap “Privacy and security.”
4. Tap “Accept cookies.”
5. Turn cookies on by swiping the “On” button to the right.
You can optionally choose to enable or disable third-party cookies by swiping the button for “Allow third-party cookies” to the right.
Again, third-party cookies are typically associated with web page ads. Blocking these cookies can enhance your privacy without adversely affecting your site preferences or browsing experience.
- embed type