- You can enable cookies on your Android device by adjusting its settings.
- To change cookie settings on your Android device for a Google Chrome browser, you’ll need to open the Chrome app and go through its settings.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Cookies are data created by websites you visit to help improve your browsing experience. With cookies, websites can help you stay logged in, and remember things you’ve searched before.
Though cookies sometimes get a bad rap due to security fears, they can be quite useful in helping to direct you to searches, sites, or applications you might be interested in.
Read on for instructions on how to enable (or disable) cookies on your Android mobile device. For the purposes of this guide, we’re using the Chrome web browser.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to enable cookies on Android in Chrome
1. Tap the Chrome app on your Android mobile device to open it.
2. Tap on the icon in the top right corner of the screen that resembles three vertical dots.
3. Tap on “Settings.”
4. Scroll down and tap on “Site settings.”
5. Tap on “Cookies.”
6. On the next screen, next to “Cookies,” there’s a small slider. When the slider appears blue, cookies are enabled. When the slider is white or grey, cookies are disabled. Tap on the slider to toggle between the two.
7. If you want to block third-party cookies on your device, tap on the white box next to “Block third-party cookies.”
- embed type