- You can easily empty the recycle bin on your Windows 10 computer and permanently remove files from your PC.
- Once you empty your recycle bin, the content is gone forever, unless you saved it on an external hard drive or the cloud.
- Emptying the recycle bin on your computer can help to free up some hard drive space.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more.
Sure, the data is no longer in its original location, but it still exists in the recycle bin, allowing users who may have accidentally deleted a file to recover the data without losing anything vital.
Of course, there is no default way that the recycle bin can vet and gets rid of deleted files, so cleaning it out every now and then allows for less clutter.
Here are three different ways to empty your recycle bin in Windows 10.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to empty the recycle bin on your Windows 10 computer using the “Manage” menu
1. Power on your Windows 10 computer and open your recycle bin.
2. Click on the “Manage” tab located in the menu bar and click “Empty Recycle Bin.”
How to empty the recycle bin on your Windows 10 computer using the “contextual” menu
1. Power on your Windows 10 computer and right-click on your recycle bin to open the contextual menu.
2. Click “Empty Recycle Bin” to empty your recycle bin.
How to empty the recycle bin on your Windows 10 computer using your settings
1. Click the “Windows” icon at the bottom of the screen and then click “Settings.” Next, choose “System.”
2. In your system settings, click on the “Storage” tab, then click on “Temporary files.” This will open up a new page showing all of the temporary files on your computer.
3. Click the “Recycle Bin” check box, then click “Remove files” and wait for your computer to delete any files in your recycle bin.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.