- You can do voiceovers on TikTok to record your own voice on top of any video, with or without the original audio.
- Recording voiceovers can help explain what’s going on in the video, or make it funnier.
- To add a voiceover to your TikTok, record or upload a video and then tap “Voiceover.”
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Have you ever taken a video and wished you could add a voiceover to explain what’s happening or add a joke? TikTok’s voiceover feature allows you to do just that.
How to do a voiceover on TikTok
2. Tap on the plus “+” sign icon to create a new TikTok.
3. Record a video or upload an existing one, as you would normally.
4. Once you’ve reached the video editing screen, tap the microphone icon labelled “Voiceover.”
5. Tap or long-press the “Record” button to begin recording your voiceover. You can also remove the video’s original sound by tapping “Keep original sound” so that the check mark disappears.
6. Once you’ve finished recording, review your voiceover by tapping the “Play” button on the video. If you’re satisfied with it, tap “Save.”
7. Add any other effects you’d like to include, then tap “Next.”
8. Type a description for your video and choose its other settings as you normally would. Finally, tap “Post” to publish your video.