- You can disable Siri on your Apple Watch by turning off all the ways to activate it.
- By default, Siri is activated on your Apple Watch when you wake the watch and say “Hey Siri,” when you raise it close to your face, or when you press the Digital Crown.
- If you find that you often accidentally start Siri by pressing the Digital Crown, you can specifically disable that feature and only access Siri with the other methods.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
By incorporating Siri into the Apple Watch, Apple has placed a personal digital assistant on your wrist. It’s convenient for performing routine tasks hands-free, like starting a timer or searching online for information.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to disable Siri on an Apple Watch
1. On the Apple Watch, start the Settings app by pressing the Digital Crown and tapping the gear-shaped icon.
2. Tap “Siri.”
3. On the Siri page, turn off all three methods of controlling Siri by swiping the buttons to the left: “Listen for ‘Hey Siri,'” “Raise to Speak,” and “Press Digital Crown.”
Siri is now completely disabled on the Apple Watch.
If you want to turn Siri back on in a more limited way, you can choose which options to enable:
- Listen for “Hey Siri.” Raise the watch to activate the display and say “Hey Siri.” You don’t have to raise the watch very high; you just need enough movement that the screen comes on.
- Raise to Speak. If enabled, Siri will listen for commands without the need to say “Hey Siri.” Instead, raise it close to your face and just issue a command. You can use this with or without “Listen for ‘Hey Siri'” enabled.
- Press Digital Crown. Press the Digital Crown to activate Siri. Many users find this the easiest mode to trigger by accident, so you might consider turning this off but leaving the other two on.
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.