- You can easily delete your PayPal account if you no longer need it.
- Before you close out your PayPal account, be sure to empty your balance on PayPal and transfer it to your bank.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
PayPal is an online platform for sending and receiving money, and can be used for things like paying bills. You can also use PayPal to send money to friends and family members as well as pay vendors for services.
To delete your PayPal account, first make sure to empty your PayPal balance (your Wallet), and transfer it to one of your linked bank accounts. If you’ve set your PayPal account to automatically pay bills, make sure to change your method of payment for those bills.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to delete your PayPal account using desktop
2. At the top-right, select “Log In.”
3. Enter the email and password associated with your PayPal account.
4. Once you are logged in, select the Settings icon (resembling a gear) at the top-right of the page.
5. In Settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Close your account.”
6. If you have money in your “Wallet,” PayPal will ask you to transfer it to your bank account. Once you’ve done that, follow the steps above again.
7. Next, a pop-up window will appear to confirm you wish to close your account. If so, select “Close Account” in blue.
8. After you’ve selected “Close Account,” you will receive an email confirming the closure of your PayPal account.
If you are having trouble closing your account, contact PayPal or visit the PayPal support page.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.