- Before you delete your Patreon account, make sure to cancel any active memberships.
- After submitting a request for account deletion, you have 14 days to stop the process.
- It can take up to 30 days to fully delete a Patreon account.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Whether you’re a patron or a creator on Patreon, deleting your account is a fairly straightforward process â€” but it takes some time. To delete your Patreon account, you must submit your account for deletion through Patreon’s privacy centre, and it can take up to 30 days to process your request.
Here’s how it’s done.
How to delete your Patreon account and data
2. Click “Erase.” If promoted, log into your Patreon account at this time.
3. Click “Allow” to give Transcend, Patreon’s data deletion partner, access to your account in order to erase it.
4. Click “Confirm Request.” Patreon notes that this process of erasing your account and data will take up to 30 days, and you have 14 days to stop the process via follow-up emails which allow you to cancel the data deletion. Transcend will send email updates on the status of deletion requests.
How to cancel active Patreon memberships
The Patreon help page notes that while deleting your account erases your data from the platform, it is not a replacement for cancelling active memberships or pending payments on your account. If your goal is to simply delete active memberships for creators you’re a patron of, you can do so while still keeping your account.
1. On a desktop, hover over your profile icon on the top right of the screen, then click “Manage memberships.”
2. Navigate to the “Active Memberships” tab, then click “Edit” on any memberships you wish to cancel future payments for.
3. Click “Edit or Cancel Membership,” located underneath the “Update” button.
4. Select “Cancel your membership,” then click the “Cancel your membership” button to confirm this action.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.