- You can delete friends on Snapchat if you no longer wish to follow them.
- If you block someone on Snapchat, you will also delete them as a friend, and they will be unable to view your profile or contact you.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
If you’re on Snapchat, chances are you’re no stranger to the unique geotags, filters, and other features the social media network allows.
The platform is popular for its ability to send photos and videos that expire after being viewed, allowing for privacy and encouraging users to live in the moment.
But what happens if you’re following or exchanging messages with someone on the app and you decide you want to delete them from your contacts list?
Here’s what you need to know to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to delete friends on Snapchat
2. Swipe left to go to your Friends list and locate the name of the user you want to remove.
3. Tap and hold the name of the friend you want to delete until a list of options appears.
4. At the bottom of the menu, tap More to reveal additional options.
5. Tap Remove Friend to remove the user from your list. A pop-up will then ask you to confirm that you want to remove the user in question. Click Remove to confirm.
How to block friends on Snapchat
It should be noted that if you also want to block someone, you can do so by following steps one through four above. Then, instead of tapping Remove Friend, tap the red Block option, which should be the second option down from the top.
This will simultaneously remove the user from your Friends list and block them, so that they are unable to contact you and vice versa.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.