- You can easily delete any GoogleGroups that were used for a temporary project or just to free up page space.
- You can delete a GoogleGroup in a few simple steps using your Google profile.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
GoogleGroups is a platform where you can bring people together to have discussions, host question and answer sessions, organise emails, and more.
It’s great for team projects, classmates, departments, or any other group of people who need to work together in an organised space.
While the feature can be very convenient, if you create a GoogleGroup for a temporary project, you may eventually want to delete it to free up space on your page.
Here’s how to delete a GoogleGroup that you no longer need:
How to delete a Google Group
1. Sign in to Google Groups using the Google profile that owns the Google Group you are trying to delete.
2. Click on “My Groups” at the top of the menu on the left side of the screen.
3. Choose the group that you are trying to delete.
4. Near the top right, underneath of the settings button, click “Manage group.”
5. At the bottom of the menu on the left hand side, under the heading “Information,” click “Advanced.” It should be the very last option.
6. Click “Delete this group.”
7. A box labelled “Delete group confirmation” will pop up, warning you that deleting a group is permanent. If you are certain you would like to proceed, click “Delete group.”