- You can save your own pin to a Pinterest board by using the plus “+” sign in the mobile app or webpage.
- On the web, the plus sign that creates a pin is available on every page. In the mobile app, you’ll find it on your profile page.
- Using your phone, you can take and upload a photo as well as choose one from your photo library or the web. In a browser, you have the same options except for taking a photo.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
While you might be satisfied browsing only other people’s Pinterest boards for a while, eventually you will probably want to create your own pins and share photos with others. If you’re new to Pinterest, the process can be a bit confusing because it’s not obvious how to get started. Here’s how to create your own pins on Pinterest.
How to create a Pinterest pin on the mobile app
1. Open the Pinterest app and go to your profile page by tapping your account icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. If you don’t see the search bar at the top of the screen, swipe down until it appears. Then at the top of the screen, tap the plus sign to the right of the search box.
3. In the pop-up window, tap “Pin.”
4. You have several options. If you want to take a new photo, tap the camera icon. To grab a photo from a web page, click the globe icon and enter a URL. Otherwise, choose a photo and then tap “Next.”
5. Fill in information about the pin â€” give it a title and description. If you want to add a URL for the photo, tap “Add” and enter the web address, then tap “Add Link.”
6. When you’re done, tap “Next.”
7. Finally, choose an existing board from the list or tap “Create board” and name a new one.
How to create a Pinterest pin on a web browser
1. Go to the Pinterest website in your browser and log in if you’re not already.
2. Click the plus sign at the bottom right of the webpage (this should be visible no matter what page you’re on). In the pop-up window, click “Create a Pin.”
3. You have several options. If you want to grab a photo from a web page, click “Save from site” and enter a URL. Otherwise, drag a photo from your computer to the box on the pin builder page. If you prefer, you can click the box and choose the photo from a folder on your computer.
4. Enter information about the pin. You can add a title and description, and add a URL for a webpage associated with the image.
5. At the top of the page, choose the board you want to save the photo into via the dropdown menu. If you prefer, you can click “Create board” and make a new one.
6. When you’re done, click “Save.”