- You can convert Google Sheets files to Excel files by using the “Download” option.
- Google Sheets allows you to download your spreadsheets in a format that can be opened in Microsoft Excel.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel are similar in many ways. They both let you create spreadsheets for similar purposes – invoices, bookkeeping, scheduling, party planning – and have many of the same features.
However, even if the programs are incredibly similar, some people find it preferable to work in Excel over Google Sheets. This could be because you don’t need an internet connection to save your work, or maybe they’re just more familiar with the interface.
To do this, you’ll just need to use Google Sheets’ downloading functions, which are available on both your PC and Mac.
Here’s how to use them.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to convert a Google Sheets file to Excel
2. In the top-left corner, click “File.”
3. In the drop-down menu, hover over the option that says “Download.”
4. In the new menu that appears, click “Microsoft Excel (.xlsx).” This will convert the spreadsheet into Excel format. Depending on your browser settings, the file will then either download automatically, or you’ll be asked where you want it to download to.
Once the new Excel file has been downloaded, you can open it into Excel like any other Excel file.
- embed type
- embed type