- You can convert a Google Doc to PDF by exporting it from the Google Docs website.
- Google Docs allows you to export documents in multiple formats.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Whether you’re signing a contract, finishing an essay for school, or sending off a work report, what file your document needs to be in will vary depending on the occasion. While most times, a Google Doc or Word doc are acceptable, other times you’ll want or need a PDF.
PDF files are not only universally compatible and more portable than other file types, they’re also more secure as they can be password protected and aren’t as easily edited.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to convert a Google Doc to PDF
2. Click on the document you wish to convert to open it.
3. In the upper-left hand corner of the screen, click on “File.”
4. Scroll down to the “Download” menu, then from the file types listed click on “PDF Document (.pdf).”
5. Your PDF document will then be downloaded to the default download location on your computer and be ready to use.
It should be noted that should you lose your original Google Doc, but want to edit your PDF, you can always re-upload it to your Google Drive and convert it back to Google Doc format simply by opening it in Google Docs.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.