- You can contact PayPal over the phone, or use their online Help Centre and Message Assistant.
- To reach PayPal via phone, call 1-888-221-1161 using the phone number connected to your PayPal account.
- The online Help Centre is filled with articles on nearly every PayPal topic, and also lets you chat online with a representative.
- Two other options include the PayPal Community Forums and Resolution Centre, but these don’t work nearly as quickly.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories .
PayPal is a relatively easy platform to use. Whether you’re buying a product or service online, sending money to friends and family, or even receiving funds, it’s a pretty simple and straightforward process.
However, if there comes a time when something’s not quite right with your account, and you get locked out or have an unexplained hold on funds, you might need to speak with someone who works for the company.
Thankfully, PayPal offers several ways for users to get in touch and resolve their issues. And you can do this in a couple of different ways depending on your preferences.
How to contact PayPal via phone
The easiest way to contact PayPal is probably via their phone number, which is 1-888-221-1161. Try to call from the phone number associated with your PayPal account, if you can â€” it will make connecting to a representative faster. All you’ll need is the last four digits of your Social Security number.
Via this phone line, you can get immediate assistance with billing issues, account issues, and fraudulent charges.
If you don’t want to contact PayPal by phone, you can go online for help. However, this may be slower.
How to contact PayPal online
All other general issues and even transaction disputes can likely be solved via the site’s Help Centre,PayPal Community Forums and Resolution Centre. To access these features, you’ll need to be logged into your PayPal account.
The Community Forums and Resolution Centre don’t involve contacting PayPal directly, and are much slower. So here’s how to use the Help Centre, likely your next best tool for getting help from PayPal.
1. Log into your account on the PayPal website.
2. Once logged in, you can scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click “Contact Us” or go directly to www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/home.
3. This will open the Help Centre. Select one of the issues listed here, to find a host of articles on every topic.
4. If you’d rather speak to someone, scroll to the bottom and click “Message us.”
5.You’ll be prompted to enter your issue in a chat window, and you will be given a standard, non-personalised response.
6. If this doesn’t solve your query, however, type “Need more help,” and your message will then be forwarded to a PayPal agent. They should respond within an hour, depending on what time of day you send your message.
Related coverage from
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.