- You can connect a PS4 controller to your Android phone or tablet through the Bluetooth menu.
- Once the PS4 controller is connected to your Android device, you can use it to play mobile games.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Mobile games have become one of the most popular forms of gaming, with millions of Android users playing each day.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to connect PS4 controller to Android
In order to set up a PS4 controller with your Android mobile device, you’ll need to make sure the PS4 controller is set to pairing mode. To do this, your PlayStation 4 and PS4 controller must both be off.
1. To set your PS4 controller to pairing mode, press and hold on the PS button and the Share button at the same time. When done properly, the light on the back of the controller will start to flash.
2. To pair your PS4 controller with your Android device, Bluetooth must be enabled on your Android. Swipe your finger downward from the top of your screen to pull open the quick selection menu, then tap and hold the Bluetooth icon.
3. With Bluetooth enabled, “Wireless Controller” should be one of the options in the “Available devices” menu. If you can’t see “Wireless Controller” as one of the options, tap “Scan” at the top of the screen. Tap on “Wireless Controller” when it appears.
4. Tap “OK” to finish pairing your PS4 controller with your Android device.
Keep in mind that not all mobile games are compatible with the PS4 controller.
Once you’re ready to switch back over to your PlayStation 4, you will need to turn off Bluetooth on your Android device, and pair the PS4 controller with the PS4 system once more.
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.