- You can’t connect a Bluetooth speaker to your PS4 wirelessly, but you can do it in other ways.
- Most Bluetooth speakers have an auxiliary output, which you can connect to the PS4 using a 3.5 mm audio cable.
- To connect your speaker to the PS4, plug it into the 3.5 mm input on the DualShock controller and make sure the Settings are configured to play audio from the controller.
- You can also connect a speaker to your TV, and it will automatically play audio through the PS4‘s HDMI connection.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Unfortunately, your PS4 does not connect to Bluetooth speakers.
To connect speakers, however, you’ll need to use other methods. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
You can’t connect a Bluetooth speaker to your PS4 wirelessly, but you can connect speakers with these methods
There are two other options to connect speakers to your PS4:
- You can connect speakers directly to your PS4 via an audio cable. Even most Bluetooth speakers have a wired output, so this technique should work for virtually any speaker.
- You can connect a speaker to the television you’re using with your PS4. You can connect the speaker with an audio cable or via Bluetooth, depending on the capabilities of the TV. If your PS4 is connected to a TV using HDMI, it should automatically play audio through any speakers connected to the TV.
How to connect a speaker to your PS4 with an audio cable
The simplest way to connect a speaker (Bluetooth or otherwise) to your PS4 is by connecting it to your PS4’s DualShock controller using a 3.5 mm audio cable.
1. Plug a 3.5 mm audio cable into the port on your PS4 controller and connect the other end to the output of your speaker.
2. Using the controller, select “Settings.”
3. Select “Devices,” followed by “Audio Devices.”
4. Select “Output Device” and set it to “Headset Connected to Controller,” if it isn’t already set to that option.
5. Select “Output to Headphones” and make sure it’s set to “All Audio.”
Now when you use the PS4, it should output through the speaker.