- You can connect your AirPods to a Chromebook through the Bluetooth settings of your laptop.
- To connect AirPods to your Chromebook, turn on Bluetooth pairing in the bottom right corner of your screen and press the small button on the back of the AirPods case to pair.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
While AirPods are an Apple accessory, they can still pair wirelessly with other products.
AirPods are easy to sync with all of your Apple devices, from your iPhone to your Mac computer. However, you can just as easily connect them to your Google Chromebook by pairing them with Bluetooth, as you would any other wireless headphones or speakers.
To do so, first make sure your Bluetooth settings are switched on and ready for pairing. These details are found in the bottom right hand corner of your Chromebook desktop.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to connect
1. Click the network icon in the bottom right hand corner of your Chromebook. This is found next to your battery percentage and digital clock. Clicking on this section will display options for Wi-Fi connection, Bluetooth devices, notifications, and more.
2. First check to make sure Bluetooth is marked “On.” To switch from “Off” to “On,” click on the small arrow under the Bluetooth name and icon. If Bluetooth is disabled, switch the toggle at the top of the next pop-up to change it from black to blue.
3. Once Bluetooth is turned on, your Chromebook will automatically begin searching for nearby wireless devices.
4. If your AirPods do not automatically appear, click the small button on the back of your AirPods case. They should soon appear on the Chromebook Bluetooth list.
5. Click on your AirPods, which should be labelled next to a headphone icon. Once the pop-up reads “Paired devices,” your AirPods will be paired, and adjusting the volume on your Chromebook will adjust the headphones.
6. A small pop-up may appear that confirms the pairing. It will also note that you can remove the pairing in Settings.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.