- You can combine shipping on eBay if a buyer purchases several items from you, saving them money.
- While sellers aren’t required to offer combined shipping, it’s considered good business to do so.
- Buyers can either request a revised invoice from the seller or you can offer the discount automatically.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Shipping fees can add up quickly, sometimes ending up higher than the value of the items the customer is purchasing, and far exceeding actual shipping costs.
Luckily, eBay allows sellers to offer a combined shipping price, so the buyer only pays one shipping rate for everything in their cart.
If you want to offer a buyer a combined shipping rate on multiple items, here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to combine shipping on eBay
2. In the upper-right hand corner of your screen, click “My eBay” to be taken to your personalised account page.
3. Click “Sold” in the left hand menu.
4. Check the boxes next to the items that you wish to combine shipping for. These boxes are located to the left of the item’s thumbnail and title.
5. Create an invoice including the selected items and change the shipping cost to the new amount before clicking “Send invoice.”
Note that you can also set your eBay account to automatically combine shipping and include the new rate on invoices when a buyer completes a purchase. Here’s how to do it.
1. Go to the Combined payments and shipping discounts page on the eBay website.
2. Under “Combined payments,” click “Create” or “Edit.”
3. If not already selected, check the box next to “Allow buyers to send one combined payment for all items purchased” and select the length of time you’d like this option to be available to buyers, then click “Save.”
4. Under “Combined shipping discounts,” you can offer a flat shipping rule, which would set a base rate for the first item purchased, and then a smaller amount for each additional item.
5. If you want the combined shipping rate to be based on the items’ weight, rather than a flat fee, you can do so under the “Calculated shipping rule” section. There you can choose to combine all item weights or combine item weights and subtract a particular amount for each additional item.
6. Be sure to click “Save” to ensure your combined shipping offer is in effect.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.