- You can close a Google Form at any time when you don’t want to receive further responses.
- To close your Google Form, click on the Responses tab and toggle the “Accepting responses” option off.
- It’s easy to reopen the same Google Form at a later date, if necessary – simply toggle the “Not accepting responses” button back on.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Google Forms are a great way to solicit responses from a large group of people all in one place.
Whether you’re a business owner surveying customers or an employer gathering information on a new hire, the free service allows you to customise forms that can be shared with lots of people quickly and securely.
When you want to close your Google Form because you have enough responses or no longer need it, doing so is quick and easy – plus, it can always be reopened at a later date by following the same process in reverse.
Here’s how to close your Google Form.
How to close a Google Form, or reopen it
1. After signing into your Google account, open the Google Forms website.
2. Click on the Google Form you want to close.
3. Once in the Form, click on the “Responses” tab.
4. In the main responses box, locate the “Accepting responses” button and toggle it to the off position. You will know you have turned responses off when you receive a message in red saying so.
Your Google Form is now closed, but you can reopen it at any time by toggling the button that is now labelled “Not accepting responses” to the on position again.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.