- You can change your name on Apple Music by accessing your profile through the “For You” page on your desktop and mobile app.
- You can also change your Apple Music account’s privacy settings so that only people you approve can find and follow you.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
There are several ways to find new singles, albums, and artists on Apple Music, and one of the best isn’t through an algorithm. You can get plenty of great recommendations on music and other audio content from friends.
When you follow your friends on Apple Music, and they follow you, your entire Apple Music profile is easily accessible and searchable.
You’re also not limited to only following friends on Apple Music. You can follow and be followed by anyone whose name you find in the app. Whether you want to be easier or harder to find, setting your profile name is an essential part of your Apple Music experience.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your name on Apple Music on a computer
1. Launch Apple Music.
2. Choose the “For You” option in the left-side menu if it isn’t already selected.
3. Click your profile icon on the upper left-hand side of the page.
4. On your profile page, click “Edit.”
5. In the “Name” box, enter the name you’d like to be associated with your profile.
6. Click the blue “Done” button in the upper-left corner of the page.
How to change your name on Apple Music on a mobile device
1. Open the Apple Music app.
2. Choose “For You” on the bottom taskbar.
3. Tap your avatar icon at the top right of the screen.
4. Select your name.
5. Tap the pink “Edit” button.
6. Enter your name in the “Name” box.
7. Tap “Done” to confirm the change.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.