- To change the voice on your Waze app, you’ll need to head into the app’s “Voice and Sound” menu.
- When you change the voice in Waze, you won’t have the chance to preview the new voice – you’ll have to select it and then wait for it to give you directions.
- You’ll also have the option to record your own navigation lines, and use your own voice for directions.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Your Waze app comes with a default voice which can read out directions and alerts.
But if you don’t like that voice, or if you simply want to try something new, you can change Waze’s voice at any time.
However, keep in mind that you won’t be able to preview the voice while looking through the many options available. You’ll find out what it sounds like after you set it and start using the app for navigation.
With that in mind, here’s a breakdown of how to change the voice in Waze for your iPhone or Android device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change the voice on Waze
Here’s how to change the voice that reads out your directions in the app:
1. Open the Waze app on your iPhone or Android device and tap the “Search” option in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
2. Select the gear icon in the top-left corner.
3. Tap “Voice and Sound.”
4. Tap the option immediately under “Voice Directions.” By default, it will be set to “Waze voice English (US) (Jane).”
5. Pick the new voice you’d like to hear your directions read out in.
From there, you may also see the option to record your own directions. This option will make you read out a variety of navigational terms, which will then be played back to you later. Be sure to speak clearly and precisely.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.