- You can change your screen resolution in Windows 10 at any time via the Display Settings menu.
- Windows 10 offers more than a dozen different screen options to choose from.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Whether you’re playing a game, visiting a website that looks better in a certain resolution, or you simply prefer your computer screen to have a particular layout, Windows 10 allows you to customise your screen resolution to your liking.
While the standard and recommended screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels, there are actually 16 resolutions to choose from based on your personal preference.
Changing your screen resolution in Windows 10 can be done via the Display Settings option on your computer. From there, you can try out each of the offered resolutions to see which one best suits your needs, and you can follow the same steps again at any time to change it back.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your screen resolution in Windows 10
1. Click the Windows button in the lower-left hand side of your screen.
2. In the search box, type “display.”
3. Click “Display settings” to open the app.
4. In the Display screen, scroll down to the “Scale and layout” section.
5. Click the box under “Display resolution” to see your available options.
6. Click on the screen resolution you want, then either click “Revert” or “Keep changes.”
It should also be noted that you can change your screen layout from landscape to portrait or vice versa under the same “Scale and layout” section depending on your needs or preferences.
These options may only be available on certain machines, so if certain resolutions or layout options do not appear, this is because they’re not compatible with your device.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.