- You can quickly change your primary email on PayPal through your settings, provided that you have at least two email addresses added to your account.
- Be aware that you’ll have to confirm any new email address before you can make it your new primary email on PayPal.
- Here’s what you’ll need to do to change your primary email address on PayPal.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you need to change your primary email on PayPal, you’re in luck: It’s actually an easy process – although it may take a bit more time to complete if you aren’t fully set up for it.
Here’s everything you need to know about the process.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your primary email on PayPal
2. Click the gear icon, located in the upper-right corner of the screen, next to “Log Out.”
3. In the “Email” section on the right, click “Update” located next to the email address you want to make your new primary.
4. Tick the box next to “Make this my primary email for receiving notifications” and click “Change Email.”
Your new email address will then show up listed as the primary and you’ll be able to delete your old primary email from this screen, if desired.
How to add and confirm a new email on PayPal
If you haven’t already added your desired primary email address to your account, you’ll have to do that after step two above.
1. To do that, click the plus sign next to “Email” – this section is located on the right side of the screen – then enter your new email address and click “Add.”
2. If you go this route, however, keep in mind that you’ll have to confirm that new address before you can make it your new primary. To do that, click that address and click “Confirm.” Then, go into your email, click the confirmation link and log into your account.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.