- To change the language on your Chromebook, you just need to access your computer’s settings menu.
- You can change the language for web pages, your Chromebook’s menus, or both.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Getting a new computer is exciting, but language barriers can quickly turn that excitement into frustration.
If you have a Chromebook, changing the language is a simple enough task, provided you know how to navigate through the computer’s settings.
Here’s everything you need to know to get it done, fast.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change the language on your Chromebook
1. Click the time icon, located in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
2. Select the gear icon to access your settings menu.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Advanced.”
4. Under “Languages and Input,” select “Language.”
5. Either locate your language from the list, or if it isn’t listed, click “Add Language,” locate it from the list of languages, and click “Add.”
6. Click the three dots next to the language you want to use.
7. Select how you want to use the language from the options available.
- If you want to use that language for menus, then select “Display Chrome OS in this language.” You’ll then need to restart your computer and sign in again so that these changes take effect.
- If you want to show web pages in your selected language, select “move to the top.” You may also be able to have Google auto-translate web pages by clicking “Offer to translate pages in this language.”
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.