- It’s easy to change the size of your icons in Windows 10 if you’re having trouble seeing them, or if they’re too large.
- In Windows 10, icons are the items you click on to open different programs and files. They’re usually a small picture with the title of the file beneath them.
- Making icons smaller allows you to fit more icons on a page, and changing them to be bigger makes them easier to see.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’re looking at a large page of text documents on your Windows PC, you might want to make your file icons smaller to fit as many titles in the window as possible. If you want to look through an SD card of pictures, however, you’ll want big icons to see what each picture looks like.
In either case, you’ll probably want to change the size of your icons, which are the small pictures or graphics that accompany every file and program.
Windows 10 makes it easy to make the icons in a folder larger or smaller.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change icon size on a Windows 10 computer
First of all, note that changing the icon size of files in a folder changes the size of all the icons in that folder. It doesn’t change the icon sizes in other folders.
1. Use the File Explorer to navigate to the folder you want to change icon sizes in. Using the top toolbar, click “View.”
2. Below the “View” tab, there will be a small sub-window with options like “Extra large icons,” “Small icons,” “Tiles,” and more.
3. You can change your icon sizes by clicking on the different options. You can hover your mouse over the different options to preview them.
4. Alternatively, you can hold the Ctrl key while scrolling up or down with your mouse to change between these options, even without opening the View menu. Scrolling up will make the icons larger, and down will make them smaller.
The “Details” and “Content” options will sort your files into a single vertical column, while “Tiles,” “List,” and all “Icons” options will sort them into multiple columns.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.