- If you’ve just made a new iCloud account, you can follow these steps to change the iCloud account that’s currently associated with your iPhone.
- To change your iCloud account on an iPhone, you’ll need to sign out of your current account and into your new one in the Settings app.
- If you have more than one Apple ID, you can use different accounts to sign into your iCloud account and the iTunes and App Stores.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
iCloud is part of Apple’s plan to make using Apple devices so easy you never want to leave the Appleverse. Your iCloud account links everything from shared photo albums to Apple Pay to your iCloud backup, across your Apple devices. This keeps all your data safe and secure, even if you switch devices.
If you didn’t sign into iCloud when you set up your iPhone, skip down to “Sign into another iCloud account.” If you need to switch from one iCloud account to another, start by signing out of your iCloud account.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change the iCloud account on your iPhone
Sign out of your current iCloud account
Before you sign out of your iCloud account, make sure you have copies of all the information you need that might be stored in this iCloud account. In particular, if you have passwords in your iCloud keychain that aren’t duplicated elsewhere, make a note of those.
To see all your saved passwords, go to Settings > Passwords > Website & App Passwords. Use Touch ID, Face ID, or your passcode to unlock the list of passwords saved in your current iCloud keychain.
When you’re ready to sign out of your iCloud account, here are the steps to follow.
1. Open your Settings app.
2. Tap on your name at the top.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the next screen and tap “Sign Out.”
4. Choose “Sign Out of iCloud.”
5. You’ll be prompted to tap Sign Out a second time before you’re signed out.
Now your iPhone is a blank slate, ready to sign in to a new iCloud account.
Sign into another iCloud account
When you set up a new iPhone, you’ll be prompted to enter your Apple ID. This is an email address and password that unlocks your free iCloud account. If you don’t have one, you can create a new account right on your phone.
To sign into a new or different iCloud account on your iPhone, follow these steps.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap Sign In to [the name of your iPhone].
3. When prompted, type the Apple ID and password that you want to use.
Among other things, your Apple ID is your key to access the iTunes & App Stores. When you sign in, your account will automatically link to both iCloud and the stores.
Sign into a different account for iTunes & App Store
You can also use a different sign in for iCloud and the iTunes & App Store purchases if you want.
1. After you sign into iCloud, go back to Settings.
2. Tap your name.
3. Scroll down and tap iTunes & App Store.
4. Tap your Apple ID.
5. In the screen that appears, choose Sign Out. You will be immediately signed out.
6. Tap Sign In.
7. On the window that pops up, enter the Apple ID and password you want to use for the iTunes & App Stores.
This will keep your phone as a whole signed into one iCloud account, while the iTunes and App Stores are signed into another.