- You can change your Hulu plan by signing into your account on a web browser.
- A Hulu plan cannot currently be changed through the streaming service’s mobile app.
- Making changes to your Hulu plan through the streamer’s site might not be possible if you have a third-party billing subscription.
- You may have to cancel your subscription with the third-party site and re-subscribe with Hulu directly to upgrade or downgrade your Hulu plan.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Whether you wish to upgrade your Hulu subscription for more features or downgrade for a lower price, changing your Hulu plan is generally possible with a few quick clicks.
To change your current plan to one of the other available tiers, you’ll have to access the subscription section of your account details through a web browser. But what if your Hulu subscription is through a third-party biller like iTunes or Roku? Depending on the service you used to purchase your subscription, you may have to make changes to your account on a site other than Hulu.
How to navigate third-party billing when changing your Hulu plan
Third-party packages with platforms like Amazon and Roku allow you to make changes to any plan tier through your Hulu account page. But the Hulu Help Centre notes others like Disney+, Spotify, and Xfinity tie their subscription add-ons to specific tiers, and prevent you from making changes without going directly to their sites.
In the case they don’t have a Hulu plan tier you want, changing your Hulu plan will first require you to deactivate your account through the third-party biller. Then you’ll need to sign up for Hulu with the new subscription tier. Doing this may cost you your Hulu subscription at your current rate.
If you don’t have third party billing – or have a package that allows you to make changes on the Hulu site – you’ll be able to make changes to your plan on your preferred web browser. Here’s how to do it.
How to change your Hulu plan on a computer
1. Sign into Hulu.com in a web browser on your computer.
2. Click your account name icon in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Select Account from the dropdown menu.
4. If you’re prompted to confirm your password, enter it.
5. In the Your Subscription section, click the Manage Plan link.
6. Browse the other plan options by selecting Plan Details under any option to read more.
7. Click the toggle under the subscription you’d like to upgrade or downgrade to.
8. Choose Review Changes when you’re happy with your selection.
9. Review changes then click the Submit button to confirm your change.
10. Click the Submit button to confirm your change.