- It’s easy to change your eBay password by logging into your account settings on any web browser.
- If you’ve forgotten your eBay password, you can get a temporary one sent to you and change it later, or manually reset your password.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Your eBay profile stores all of your personal info in your account summary – including your username and password.
In your account settings, you can adjust your username and password, along with your account type, security questions, email, and phone number.
You can also update your payment method and create an “About Me” page.
Here’s what you need to know to change your password.
How to change your eBay password
1. Navigate to the eBay website from any web browser.
2. Click “My eBay” in the upper right hand corner. If you have not yet signed in, sign in with your email and password at this time.
3. Once you’ve signed in, click “Summary” from the drop down list. This will take you to your account details page.
4. This will bring you to your “My eBay: Summary” page. You should see previous orders and tracking information, along with options to jump to your recently viewed items and current bids.
5. Click “Account,” which is located directly under your eBay name.
6. Select “Personal information” from the list of options on the next page. This is located under the “Personal Info” header, along with addresses and feedback.
7. This will bring you to a list of your personal information. From here, you can adjust your account type, username, password, security questions, email, phone number, and “About Me” page. You can also update your payment method.
8. Click “Edit” on the far right side of the screen, across from “Password” and your current password in the adjacent column. Your password should be hidden on this page.
9. You will be prompted to sign in again as a security measure. Enter your email or username and current password at this time. If you forgot your password, you can opt to have a temporary password texted or emailed to you, or you can manually reset it from this page as well. (You can also sign in through Facebook or Google.)
10. Enter your current password and new password on the next page. For security reasons, you will be asked not to use a password you’ve used before.
11. When you’ve finished, click “Submit.” If you’ve changed your password on Safari on a Mac computer, you may be prompted to update the password in your Keychain at this time.
If your change was successful, you will be directed back to your account page, where you’ll see a green checkmark and a banner message that reads, “Your changes have been saved.”