- You can change your Dropbox password whether or not you remember your current login information.
- To change your Dropbox password, you can either use the “Forgot Password?” feature or update your password through your account settings.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
When it comes to collaborating with others remotely, Dropbox can be enormously helpful.
But you won’t get very far sharing documents and folders through the cloud-storage app if you find yourself unable to recall your password or get locked out of your account.
If you remember your password, but suddenly feel your account’s security has been compromised, Dropbox offers two ways to change your password.
Here’s how you can change your Dropbox password from a web browser with or without your password on hand.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your Dropbox password if you don’t know your password
1. Navigate to the Dropbox login landing page in a web browser.
2. Click the “Forgot your password?” link.
3. Enter the email associated with your Dropbox account and hit “Submit.”
4. Open your email.
5. Find the “Reset your Dropbox password” email in your inbox.
6. Click the blue “Reset Password” box.
7. Enter a new password twice before clicking “Submit.”
How to change your Dropbox password if you’re able to login with your current password
1. Login to your account at Dropbox.com.
2. In the top right corner of your Dropbox dashboard, click your account icon.
3. Select “Settings.”
4. Click “Security” near the top of the screen.
5. Next to “Password,” click “Change password.”
6. Enter your new password twice.
7. Click “Change password” to confirm.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.