- You can easily change your default Google account, which is associated with your Gmail address, through the web browser on your computer.
- To do so, you’ll need to sign out of all your Google accounts, and then sign back into the one you want to have as your default.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A new job, a new life direction, a new priority – circumstances change, and sometimes that means a new Gmail account needs to become your top priority.
That’s when it’s time to change your default Google account, and therefore prioritise a certain one over any others you have. That way, you’ll see those emails first, but you’ll be able to switch over to your other linked accounts whenever you want.
Luckily, it’s easy to set a new default Google account on your Mac or PC. It should only take a few minutes to accomplish. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your default Google account
2. Sign out of it, as well as any other Gmail accounts you’re signed into.
3. Sign back into the account you want to be your new default, then sign back into another one of your accounts.
4. To verify that your intended account is now set as the default, click on your profile picture located in the top-right corner. It should list an email address and below that in parenthesis it should say “default.”
Signing back in this way will get the job done. You can subsequently sign back into all of your other Google accounts without messing up your new setup.
Remember: Your default account is different from device to device, and the method described above will only apply to the device you complete the steps on.
So if you want to update the default for all of your devices, you’ll have to do it individually on each device.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.