- You can change the currency that Google Maps shows you by heading to the “Region Settings” menu.
- Google Maps will show you the currency that’s native to the region you’re located in, so you’ll have to change your region.
- When you look up hotels, gas stations, or other businesses, Google Maps will show you their current prices using whichever region you have set.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Whether you’re travelling, living abroad, looking for airfare, or just curious about hotel costs, changing Google Maps’ currency settings should only take a moment.
To change your currency in Google Maps, you’ll need to change your region. Luckily, you can do this using any browser on your Mac or PC. Here’s how.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change currency on Google Maps
1. Launch your preferred internet browser on a Mac or PC and go to https://www.google.com/maps. Sign into your Google account if you haven’t already.
2. Click the menu icon on the left side of the search bar, which looks like three horizontal lines.
3. At the very bottom of the menu, click “Search settings.”
4. On the page that opens, scroll down until you reach the “Region Settings” section. Here, you’ll find a list of countries. You can click “See more” to open the full, much longer list.
5. Select the region that you want Google Maps to use the currency of by clicking the bubble next to it.
6. Select “Save” at the very bottom of the page.
This should change the setting for your entire Google account, meaning that it will take effect in the Google Maps mobile app, too.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.