- You can change your AirDrop name on your iPhone as you wish, though note that this will also change how your iPhone appears on Wi-Fi networks, and when connecting to your computer.
- If you have an AirDrop name that can be easily recognised, it will make the file sharing process a lot simpler.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
AirDrop is a great feature on Apple devices that allows you to instantly transfer documents, images, and more from device to device instantly using Wi-Fi.
Transferring files this way has many advantages – it’s quicker, requires fewer steps, and, perhaps most importantly, doesn’t degrade the quality of any media that is sent.
In order to transfer files using AirDrop, the person sending it has to select a name on their screen from a list of potential nearby devices. If you don’t have an easily recognisable name, it can complicate the process.
Fortunately, you can easily change your AirDrop name from your iPhone’s settings menu by changing your device’s name. So whether you want to make your phone easier to recognise, or you just want to make it something funny to make people laugh, the process is very simple.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your AirDrop name on an iPhone
1. Open Settings.
2. Go to “General,” the first item on the third list of options.
3. Tap “About” at the top of the screen.
4. Tap “Name” at the top of the screen.
5. Type whatever you would like to name your device, and select “Done” to rename the device.
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.