- You can change your Airbnb password easily in two ways.
- Airbnb allows you to change your password via your account settings, or reset it through an email link if you’ve forgotten your password.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Like many online platforms, Airbnb stores some personal information like credit cards, so maintaining a secure password is of paramount importance.
Airbnb makes it easy to change your password once you’re logged into your account; or, if you forget your password, Airbnb will email you a link to reset it.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this story:
How to change your Airbnb password
1. Log into your account in a browser on your Mac or PC.
2. Select your profile picture on the top right and click “Account.”
3. Select “Login & security.”
3. Under “Login” and “Password,” click on “Update.”
4. Type in your current password and your new password in the appropriate fields. Ensure that your new password is correct by typing it again under “Confirm Password.” Airbnb will also indicate the strength of your new password as you type.
5. Click “Update Password” to reset your password.
How to reset your Airbnb password
1. If you’ve forgotten your password or are having trouble logging into your account, you can reset your password by going to the “Reset password” page in a web browser.
2. Type in your email address and then click “Send reset link.”
Airbnb will send you a link, which you can click on to begin the process of changing your password.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.