- Amazon Prime members can subscribe to premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, CBS All Access, and more.
- You can cancel HBO or any other premium channel subscription on your Amazon Prime account in a few quick steps, and it won’t affect your Amazon Prime membership status. If you want to cancel Amazon Prime, you have to do that separately.
- Premium channel subscriptions available to Amazon Prime members can be cancelled easily from a single dashboard, where you can also add or modify subscriptions and payment methods.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Premium channel subscriptions are available as add-ons for Amazon Prime members and can be managed easily from a single dashboard.
You can also update your payment method and subscribe to more channels from that same dashboard.
Here’s how to cancel any premium subscription in your Amazon account:
How to cancel premium channel subscriptions on Amazon Prime
1. Login to your Amazon account and navigate to the Your Account section.
2. From the Your Account section, click Prime Video Channels under Memberships and subscriptions.
3. Scroll down to your Prime Video Channels. Click Cancel Channel next to the channel you wish to cancel. Confirm your choice when prompted.
More tips on Amazon Prime Video channels
- Premium channels are only available through the main account used to purchase Amazon Prime. Subscribed channels aren’t available through shared accounts or through Amazon Household accounts. You must use the main account to access Amazon Prime Video content, including premium channels, on devices.
- Cancelling an Amazon Prime Video Channel does not cancel your Amazon Prime membership. You can access your Amazon Prime membership settings to review, update your payment method, or cancel your membership.
- If you cancel your Amazon Prime service, your premium channel subscriptions are also cancelled. You won’t be billed for a channel subscription once your Amazon Prime service has been cancelled.
- Channel subscriptions are billed monthly and are non-refundable. Cancelling a channel does not initiate a refund in your account. You can, however, continue accessing the channel until the channel’s end date.
- If you end up with multiple subscriptions to the same channel, you may be able to modify or cancel. Click Change Plan or contact customer support to see if your subscription(s) qualify.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.