- If you change your mind about a booking, you can easily cancel an Airbnb reservation without penalty provided the host has not yet accepted your request.
- Cancelling an accepted Airbnb reservation may or may not incur you a charge, depending on the host’s cancellation policy, which you can view before you commit to any booking.
- A host can also cancel a guest’s reservation for a variety of reasons, including conflict with dates.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Perhaps the greatest thing about Airbnb is the flexibility it offers the traveller. You can choose the part of town in which you wish to stay, set your budget and sort by available amenities. Most importantly, in most cases, you can cancel an Airbnb reservation with minimal hassle and without charge.
But time is of the essence if you want to cancel an Airbnb booking without a penalty, so make sure to act fast once your plans change. You should also check the host’s cancellation policy before you visit, because cancellation policies can differ depending on the hosts.
To check a host’s cancellation rules, simply select the property in which you’re interested and enter the proposed dates of your stay. Then scroll down on the property’s page on your app and under the “Cancellation policy” you will see the date by which you can cancel for free.
Here’s how to cancel an Airbnb reservation.
Check out the products mentioned in this story:
How to cancel an Airbnb reservation you’ve made
1. Open up the Airbnb app on your mobile device or proceed to the website on your computer.
2. Go to “Trips” at the bottom of your app or the top of the website.
3. Click “Contact host.”
4. Click on the “Change or cancel” button.
5. In the “Cancel reservation” box, select “Next.”
6. Choose your reason for cancellation from the dropdown menu and click “Continue.”
7. Type in your message to your host explaining your reason for cancellation and click “Continue.”
8. Review your refund details and make sure all the information is correct. Click “Yes, cancel.”
- embed type
- embed type