- Because the Kindle app is available for the iPhone, you can use your phone to buy and read Kindle books.
- You can’t buy Kindle books on your iPhone using the Kindle or Amazon apps, though. You’ll need to log into Amazon using the Safari app on your phone (or a browser on your computer).
- Once you buy a Kindle book using a web browser, the book immediately appears in your Kindle library on every device.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
But if you want to read Kindle books on your iPhone, you need to buy the books and get them installed on your iPhone first. This isn’t quite as straightforward as it might seem, because you can’t purchase books using the iPhone Kindle app, or even the Amazon app.
Instead, you need to buy your Kindle books in a web browser. You can do that in a browser on your computer, or using the Safari app on your iPhone. It doesn’t matter where you buy the book, since it will be available in every Kindle app and device that’s signed into the Amazon account you used to buy the book.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Open the Safari app and navigate to Amazon.com.
2. If you’re not already logged in, sign into Amazon using your account information.
3. Find the Kindle title that you want to buy. Be sure that you choose the Kindle format. You can choose your iPhone in the “Deliver to” dropdown menu, but that’s not required – the book will be available on every Kindle app and device logged into your Amazon account.
4. Complete the purchase.
5. Now open the Kindle app. If a book is open, close it and go to the Library view.
6. You should see the book in the “All” tab. To read the book, tap its cover to download it to your phone.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.