- You can block websites on an iPad using Screen Time in the Settings app.
- To block websites on an iPad, you can choose to filter access to adult websites generally, or specifically block websites by entering them manually.
- For the safest online iPad experience, you should set the iPad to only be able to visit websites you proactively allow.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
With the prevalence of technology in schools, camps, daycare centres, and of course homes, it only makes sense that you learn how to block access to certain websites if your kids often use an iPad.
Here’s how to do it using Screen Time.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to block websites on an iPad
1. Open the Settings app and tap Screen Time, then in the right menu, hit “Content & Privacy Restrictions.”
2. Tap “Content Restrictions” and then tap “Web Content.”
3. To filter adult websites and to specifically block given sites, tap “Limit Adult Websites” and then add sites you wish to block to the “NEVER ALLOW” list and sites you’ll permit to the “ALWAYS ALLOW” list.
4. For the most regulated online experience, select the “Allowed Websites Only” option and enter sites you’ll permit by tapping “Add Website” and entering the site’s home URL.
- embed type